KNITTING GAL

February 23, 2007

A new life for some old wool.... Or what to do with yarn you hate.


This week flew by at home and at work. I started to knit a sock for a baby with some sport weight yarn and a nifty pattern from the latest Knit It magazine from Vogue. This is a pink yarn that I bought from knit picks to make my niece a ballet wrap. Well when you knit it up in stocking stitch it shows every ripple and change in tension. I hate it. So I thought I would try it for the socks. Well it knitted up stiff and I am not happy. But I did discover how nice it looked when I made the heal flap. So I must find a sweet pattern for a baby or toddler sweater with a cable or moss stitch or something similar. I think that will work for this yarn. I will never buy this yarn again. It is a washable wool, and I am disappointed in it. I can't waste it however. Still haven't had time to do pictures but will try this weekend. I want to send out a hello to Alexandra in Scotland. An enthusiastic knitter going to school in Edinburgh. Make sure you bring home some of that wonderful wool they make in Scotland. Have fun with Katie this week.

No comments: