My first time ever being tagged. I think it is fun. If I tag you and you don't like to do these things then no problem, just ignore. Otherwise follow the instructions and have fun with it!
I was tagged by April the other day for the 8 Random Things about me "Here’s the deal: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they have been tagged."
So, I guess all this is in aid of having more traffic to your post. I don't know about you but I could always use more traffic to my postings. Sometimes I think that they are so boring folks nod off and I can hear their heads hitting the keyboards! Oh well, so here goes...8 random facts about me....
1. I guess it is no surprise that I love to knit...but I even knit in my dreams. I have dreamed of myself sitting there with needles and yarn and clacking away like Madame deFarge and mumbling out the pattern.
2. I hide chocolate so that everyone else can't eat it!
3. I love to watch movies from the 1930's & 40's. All the time!
4. I would love to own a yarn shop! (Some hope huh!)
5. I drink orange juice out of the carton--ugh-right!
6.I really don't read too much anymore even though I am a librarian. I read so many reviews, previews, catalogs, publisher blurbs, tech manuals, brochures, and synopsis that my love of reading have been knocked right out of me. I use to read two or three books a week. Now maybe two or three a month! Very bad for a librarian.
7. I also think the decrease in my reading is due to knitting. I would rather knit than anything else right now.
8. I feel really bad about 5.
O.K. here are my lucky targets (or unlucky depending on how you feel).
Amanda, Cactusneedles, VTfriend, Marcie, Yvette, Nancy, Pooch, & Donna Lee.
Check out my friend Hope's blog. She has a great story here that will make you think!
I have been knitting the same row on an afghan for a week now. I am so annoyed. I don't want to give up but I think I will put it aside for a few days and work on some mittens. The pattern has yarn overs and psso, for the pattern row, and then reverses the yarn overs and psso on another row. I get along so far and then bang, I have one stitch too many or too few at the end of the pattern stitches. I even do it in quiet and count out loud. So then I added or deleted the stitches to make the pattern row, but I know I will come to grief doing that. It is a lovely pattern. It looks like large honey comb. So, I will try again later. Oh well...some things were not meant to be made.