August 30, 2007
Fall into Autum Dishcloth Swap
Here is the questions and answers for the dishcloth swap. I am looking forward to this. It is my first swap so I am a little unsure how it works. But here goes!
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I have been crocheting since I was a young girl. My mom taught me how to do it. Around the age of fifteen or sixteen my girlfriend taught me to knit. So I have been knitting of and on for about thirty five years.
2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I have made many dishcloths and give them as gifts, and use them myself.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I have regularly used Sugar and Cream and had good results, but I have often wanted to try Patons line of cotton.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I think it depends on the project what kind of needle I use. I have many of both, but just lately I have started collecting hand painted or hand designed bamboo needles. I must say that unless I really have to use circular for a big project I prefer straight needles and bamboo are my favorite.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
My all time favorite color is sage green. I like just about any color green, but that is my favorite. I like all colors.
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
The color of the leaves, the cool weather, crisp apples, and the start of long winter evenings.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pumpkin is my favorite!
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
Well, when I was younger I always looked forward to the new school year, but as I got older it was hard for mom to get me out of bed!
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the time frame of the swap)
Love Halloween and all that goes with it!
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Chocolate of course, then gummy bears, and finally Jolly Ranchers!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have three talented and beautiful children of course! Two in college and the oldest a working Girl with a masters degree from NYU living in Manhattan. I also have a beautiful Golden Retriever named Oliver that can be seen regularly on my blog, and a very sweet husband that I love.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
This is difficult, I guess I'll say a good sturdy wool that is good for multi purpose tasks. That seems to be me, long lasting and useful where ever!
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
Dishcloths but I should try them out as facecloths. I tend to use shower gel with a scrunchy!
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
My best Thanksgiving memory is laying on the rug in the dining room while my Mom is getting dinner ready in the kitchen. Watching her coming in and out and putting the dishes on the table.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
None at all.